Update: October 25, 2016
Please see below the initial artistic renderings of the concept of our new building. As we move forward the design will continue to be refined. Click on the link below to read Natasha’s October 23rd sermon about the vision for our new space.
Click the link below to read a step by step review of our Community Engagement Process.
Click the link to see the latest Architectural Vision Statement.
A quick update from the Building Steering Committee
Well, it would appear that the prayers you all have been offering have been answered.
We have finally signed an agreement for the sale of our excess land and once the arrangement is concluded, we will have clear title to our own land, and have no affiliation with anyone else.
There have been numerous twists and turns as we have moved through this process, and at the end of the day, the best deal for this parish was to sell the excess land to our former minority partner, Wells and Associates.
The deal we concluded accomplished three things:
- it allowed us to separate ourselves from Wells
- we probably gained a year in the schedule to start our building as there is no need for any rezoning for us to be able to conclude the deal
- it will add between $750 and $1 million to our coffers
We have also, subject to a couple of minor clarifications, concluded an agreement to engage the architect for our project.
We now are preparing to sit down and plan the next steps and chart the path forward, as there many things that we need to do:
- subdivide the current land to conclude the sale
- get some preliminary architectural work done and agreed to by the parish so we can apply for the development permit
- meet with the Diocese and make certain that we have all our ducks lined up and that they are on board with the path forward as they will have to approve a number of steps going forward
- develop a strategy for a capital campaign and financing options as we will still need about another $3 to $4 million to be able to construct our new home
- and I am sure many other things that will arise as we move forward
It is our goal to have this path forward ready to present to you by the end of the year or early in the new year
Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Laurie McIntosh, John McWilliams and Murray Tait for all of their time and efforts that allowed this to happen. It is my honour and pleasure to be able to work with these fine individuals as a team to move this project forward on your behalf.
I would also like to thank the congregation for putting their trust in us to finalize this transaction.
To return to the homepage, click on the St. Martin’s logo in the upper left hand corner.